Family and early life
Voting machine testing
Black Box Voting interview
[Caught on hidden camera by BBV in Hacking Democracy, admitting that he passed vendors without properly testing their software]
Voting machine test labs
- Nichols Research: Lead tester (1996-????)
- PSInet: Lead tester (????-????)
- Metamor: Lead tester (????-????)
- Ciber: Lead tester (????-????)
- National Association of State Election Directors (NASED): Board member (????-????)
- SAIC: Software quality assurance (2009-2012), senior software test engineer (2009-2012), senior integration engineer (2009-present)
- 2007/05/15 letter from Ciber Inc. to the EAC: "According to NIST Handbook 150-22 and our own policies are procedures, we would like to inform you of two personnel changes in our Huntsville Voting Practice. These changes include: * Replacing Shawn Southworth, Practice Director, with Kelly Rohacek * Replacing Jack Cobb, Project Manager, with Vic Daily"
- Company USA Searches page for Ciber Inc. - says there are only 3 employees, with Southworth as the manager, yet a sales volume of $471,000
- Shawn Southworth's LinkedIn profile
- Senior Integration Engineer at SAIC, 2009 - present: "Responsibilities include active design, management, installation and configuration of Windows 2008 R2, Linux RedHat 6 and VMware ESXi in the Integration Test Laboratory. This lab is used to integrate and test all Product Lines in the Joint Battle Command Platform (JBC-P) program. Main areas of focus are on platform emulation and Network Operations Centers (NOC) integration. Many emulation and simulation software packages are utilized to achieve the simulated battlefield which includes GPS and satellite simulation. I have installed and configured VMware ESXi, Virtual Center and Workstation Virtual Machines in the lab in order to greatly reduce the number of computers normally required to run such a large project in one laboratory. I have provided testing, configuration and troubleshooting support for both the NIE 12.2 and RRE 11 external events at White Sands Missile Range and Fort Bliss."
- Senior Software Test Engineer at SAIC, April 2009 - August 2012 (3 years 5 months): "Responsible for the creation of system test plans, system test descriptions, and system test reports pertaining to the ADEC system. Perform system testing, defect logging, performance monitoring, and data management."
- Software Quality Assurance at SAIC, March 2009 - August 2012 (3 years 6 months): "Performed Software Quality Assurance (QA) functions per SED SEI Level IV Process. Tasks included audits, process improvement, document reviews, code reviews and software testing. Provide support to QA Manager with QA oversight tasks. Tracked software lifecycle trends using a variety of tools which included Visual Source Safe, Test Track Pro and Metrics tracking software. Project experience included: Army Interoperability Module (AIM) and Air Mission Request Tracker (AMR Tracker), Aviation Mission Planning System (AMPS), Joint Cargo Aircraft (JCA), Universal Ground Control System (UGCS) including the following platforms in the UAS suite: Hunter, Shadow, Warrior Extended Range/Multi-Purpose."