George H.W. Bush
- 1 Biography
- 2 Occupations
- 3 Policy
- 4 Controversies
- 5 Political connections
- 6 Corporate connections
- 7 References
- 8 External links
- Zapata Oil (probable CIA cover)
- Carlyle Group: Senior adviser to Carlyle Asia Advisory Board (1998-2003)
- US Congressman (R-TX-7): 1967-1971
- CIA: Director (1976-1977)
- US Vice President: 1981-1989
- US President: 1989-1993
- Republican National Committee: Chairman (1973-1974)
Hidden CIA career
[Recruited into the CIA when he joined the Texas oil business, quite possibly as a cover. There's little doubt that he was a CIA operative all the way back to the 50s or 60s. All that remains is how deeply involved he was. Some authors, like Russ Baker, claim that he played a pivotal role in the JFK assassination and Watergate scandal before becoming CIA director.]
Main article: Iran-Contra
Main article: Franklin child sex ring
- Bush family
- Close political allies
- Governmental allies
- David Hoffman, "George Bush: World Class Monster"
- The Intercept, "The Ignored Legacy of George H.W. Bush: War Crimes, Racism, and Obstruction of Justice", 2018/12/01
- NBC, "George H.W. Bush wasn't Trump — but from Willie Horton to the AIDS crisis, we shouldn't whitewash his legacy", 2018/12/04
Hidden CIA career
- JFK assassination allegations
- CIA agent Trenton Parker told Rodney Stich in 1993 that George Bush was involved in the JFK assassination plot (see also Denver Post, "Horses seized from Weld man who threatened to shoot them", 2009/09/04: "Parker claimed that during his glory days in Denver, he actually was working for the CIA and that his run for the U.S. Senate was orchestrated by the CIA.")
- JFK Facts, "About that lame Bush conspiracy theory", 2013/03/29
- JFK Facts, "Exchange on the ‘Bush did it’ theory", 2013/08/09
- Joan Mellen, "The Kennedy Assassination and the Current Political Moment", 2016/07/13: "Present in Dallas that November morning of the 22nd were not only George H. W. Bush, shortly to depart for Tyler, then return that afternoon to Dallas, but also Richard Nixon. [...] it does seem odd that they were in Dallas along with David Atlee Phillips. [...] A CIA document at the National Archives and posted on the Internet (Record Number 104-10310-10271) reveals that in 1953, when George H.W. Bush founded Zapata Oil, his partner was one Thomas J. Devine—an oil wildcatter and long-time CIA staff employee. Thomas Devine’s name does not appear in the original papers of Zapata, but it does in the company Bush created shortly thereafter as “Zapata Offshore.” This CIA document reveals that Thomas Devine had informed George Bush of a CIA project with the cryptonym, WUBRINY/LPDICTUM. [...] WUBRINY involved Haitian operations, in which, the documents reveal, a participant was George de Mohrenschildt, the Dallas CIA handler of Lee Oswald. [...] Bush and Devine later traveled to Vietnam together, a trip for which the Department of Defense issued Devine an interim “Top Secret” clearance. No surprise there: Devine obviously had never left the Agency. [...] Joseph McBride’s Nation article (“The Man Who Wasn’t There: George Bush, CIA Operative, July 16, 1988), exposed how George H.W. Bush was debriefed by the FBI about the Kennedy assassination on November 23rd . The inadvertently released document refers to “Mr. George Bush of the Central Intelligence Agency.” Bush claimed it was a different George Bush, George William Bush, who worked for the Agency. But it wasn’t so. George William came forward to say he was never debriefed by anyone. [...] What should also give us pause is that these documents about Zapata Offshore, which had offices on several continents but never did much business, were released under the JFK Act as Kennedy assassination documents. So it is the Agency itself, not the dreaded “conspiracy theorists,” that links George H.W. Bush with the Kennedy assassination."
- Phoenix Program links
- Russ Baker, "Bush and the JFK Hit, Part 10: After Camelot", 2013/11/20: "Congress was a great place for a spy – even better, in some ways, than the CIA. Congressmen were expected to travel the world, looking into matters of interest to the United States. In December 1967, less than a year after Bush was sworn in, he was off to Indochina, with his CIA partner Thomas Devine in tow. It was Christmas break, a time when congressmen often make overseas trips, but Bush and Devine did not have a typical agenda. Correspondence indicates that having arrived in Vietnam, Bush and Devine hastily canceled an appointment with the U.S. ambassador in favor of other, unstated activities. For the CIA, the hot item at the time was the so-called Phoenix Program, a secret plan to imprison and “neutralize” suspected Vietcong. This was being rolled out at precisely the moment that Poppy and Devine arrived “in country.” If J. Edgar Hoover’s 1963 memo was correct in mentioning “George Bush of the CIA” as an intermediary with Cuban exiles, the coincidence of Rodriguez’s activities in Vietnam with that of Bush’s visit raises questions as to how the two were connected. In 1970 Rodriguez joined the CIA front company Air America, which allegedly played a role in trafficking heroin from Laos to the United States. The Laotian operation was led by Donald Gregg, who would later serve as national security adviser during Poppy Bush’s presidency. When Bush and Devine traveled to Vietnam the day after Christmas 1967, Devine was in his new CIA capacity, operating under commercial cover. Handwritten notes from the trip show that Poppy was especially interested in the Phoenix program, which he referred to by the euphemism “pacification.”
- Nazi Germany business partnerships
- Covert Action Quarterly, "The Family That Preys Together", summer 1992
- George W. Bush info
- Jeb Bush info
- Medicare fraud with International Medical Centers (IMC)
- Alleged connection to Rick Scott
- Sun Sentinel, "HOSPITAL CHAIN TO ACQUIRE IMC", 1986/07/19
- Associated Press, "State Asks Judge to OK IMC Sale to Humana", 1987/05/29
- New York Times, "COMPANY NEWS; HUMANA SPINS OFF HOSPITALS TO NEW COMPANY", 1993/03/03
- New York Times, "Merger Proposed to Create Largest U.S. Hospital Chain", 1993/06/11
- New York Times, "Another Big Merger in Health Care", 1994/05/24
- Sunshine State News, "15 of 34 Florida HMOs Report 2014 Losses", 2015/07/06 - comment says "No wonder they are all going broke. Every one of these names are somehow connected to Rick Scott and Jeb Bush except maybe WellCare and that use to belong to Jeb's uncle George Schwartz Soros! "United" Healthcare is like Tenet it's an old Bush family RICO scam dating back for decades. Tenet is the residuals of Columbia which was the assets of International Medical Centers - when Jeb's first Medicare Fraud partner Miguel Recarey, Jr. fled the US Jeb and daddy Bush stored the IMC assets collecting $30 million a month for treating their wounded Contra Rebels with Humana who renamed it Galen in 1987 Jeb and family called Rick Scott and Richard Rainwater old Bush lawyer and investor guru to Miami to take over and rename IMC into Columbia when the got caught in 1997 they flipped it into Tenet - by 2013 Tenet had paid ON BILLION in Fines for stealing hundreds of Billion of Medicare dollars - Jeb who has been collecting over $37 thousand a day from Tenet since May 2007 stepped off the board to run for dictator of the USA 2016!"
- Judge One For Yourself post on 2016/08/18: "An HHS investigator Weinstein caught them - Jeb Bush blamed Recarey and in July 1987 with the help of Poppy Bush arranged for Recarey to flee the US before the indictment come down with a $2+ million IRS refund arranged by VP Bush. With Recarey and Trafficante, Jr’s out of the way in October 1987 Jeb and brother George Walker Bush brought Rick Scott [Dallas Bush family lawyer and Texas Rangers partner] and Richard Rainwater [Dallas Bush family friend and investor Guru who in 1984 Hired Michael Eisner as Disney CEO for the Bass Brothers – Eisner bought ABC creating the largest media outlet in the world – just another arm of the Bush Gang] to pick up the pieces of IMC which the Bushes had arranged to be placed in receivership with Humana – who repackaged it into Galen Hospitals. This was the origin of Columbia Hospitals. Later they added HCA which was owned by Bush family friends and TN brother Billy and Tommy First. The massive Medicare Frauds surfaced again in 1997 and Rick Scott jumped ship with millions in cash and his Columbia stock – in 1997 he, the Bushes and their investor friends merged Columbia into Tenet Healthcare – in 2007 Jeb became the sole director of Tenet at a $37,500. per day salary! The FBI announced in 2013 that over the years Tenet had paid over One Billion in Fines for Medicare Fraud. Jeb Bush resigned as the sole director of Tenet of Dallas, Texas in December 2014 in preparation of running for president."
- Sunshine State News, "Post Pulse, Scott Pushes $6 Million Counterterrorism Proposal", 2017/01/04 - comment says "The Bush-Scott gang is still running the Tenet Medicare Fraud scheme today with the computer billings being handled by Jeb’s cousin Jonathan Bush and his Athena Health and direct deposits being made to offshore accounts in Cayman Islands and possibly others. If not for his partners in crime Jeb and his brother George Walker Bush – Scott would have been sentenced to federal prison in 1995 for his massive Medicare Dollars thefts. Instead they groomed him to fall in line as their governor following Charlie Crist who was post turtled into Florida politics by Mel Sembler and his son Brent who was Charlie’s boating partner on Tampa Bay for years. Jeb slide Charlie Crist from Ed Comish into AG to protect Mel Sembler in the days his child abuse cases from Straight, Inc was coming to the surface which of course led to Charlie’s ascension to the governor‘s office which was tainted by the leaks of the Jim Greer FLGOP scandal’s which led to the indictments of Ray Sansome and Jim Greer. [...] And while all this was going on the FDLE Male Head Agent in the Tampa Office was accidently arrested for raping an eight year old boy."
- Washington Post, "Former Hospital CEO Rick Scott Leads Opposition to Obama on Health Care", 2009/05/11: "Scott, 56, seems unfazed by such criticism, emphasizing that he was never charged with any wrongdoing and that other health-care companies were also fined for overbilling problems. A lawyer with no formal medical training, Scott built Columbia/HCA into the largest U.S. health-care company before he was ousted by the board of directors in 1997. He was also once a partner in the Texas Rangers with George W. Bush. Scott now runs an investment firm and owns, among other things, a chain of walk-in urgent-care clinics in Florida called Solantic."
- Alleged connection to Jim Towey
- Medicare fraud with International Medical Centers (IMC)
- Neil Bush info
- Foreign corruption involving the Bush family and the "neocon / Cheney network"
- CBC, "Conspiracy Theories - The Saudi Connection", 2003/10/29
- Rigorous Intuition thread with various examples of Chinese connections to the neoconservative crowd surrounding 9/11: pages 1, 2
- Wayne Madsen, "Neil Bush meets Russian-Israeli oligarch in Latvia", 2005/09/22 - mentions Latvia as a major hub of illegal weapons smuggling
- From the Wilderness, "The Crusaders", 2005/05/03: "The story surrounding the murder of Raymond Lemme is a complicated one, touching upon the software-driven vote fraud in the 2004 election, Chinese influence inside the neocon / Cheney network, Christian Dominionist ambitions, and the pedophilia rings that go back to the Franklin Credit Union coverup during the G.H.W. Bush administration. FTW's purpose in running this material is not to urge our readers to follow out every nuance - other sites are pursuing it including www.onlinejournal.com and the Seminole Chronicle. Instead, we want to point out the reach and the currency of our claims regarding the Dominionist and Saudi connections behind Ptech software"
- Deanna Spingola, "The Bush Family's Project Hammer", 2010/02/08
- Russ Baker, "Bush Angle to Reagan Shooting Still Unresolved as Hinckley Walks", 2016/08/16: "John Hinckley Jr., the man who shot and nearly killed President Ronald Reagan in 1981 — an attempt which, if successful, would have resulted in then-Vice President George H.W. Bush moving up to the top spot — was none other than a friend of the Bush family. [...] The story was broken by the now-defunct Houston Post, and then picked up briefly by the AP and UPI wire services, and some newspapers, plus Newsweek. Then it vanished without a trace or further inquiry or comment in the mainstream media. [...] The Hinckleys and the Bushes have been friendly for decades, going back to the days when both families set down stakes in the dusty town of Midland, Texas, a magnet for the children of wealthy, East Coast families seeking to cash in on the oil boom. The Hinckleys were donors to Poppy Bush’s political campaigns over the years, and they gave to support the first, unsuccessful bid for Congress of the young George W. Bush, in 1978. The families lived close to each other, they socialized; I saw indications that, at one point, they may have shared the same lawyer. Even more strangely, Neil Bush, son of the vice president, was scheduled to have dinner with Hinckley’s brother, Scott, the day after the shooting. [...] Neil and his wife, and Scott, all lived in Denver at the time. Scott’s father’s oil company, Vanderbilt Oil, had its headquarters in Denver at that time. Scott was a company vice president. Meanwhile, the shooter, John W. Hinckley Jr., lived from time to time with his family in a small town outside Denver. In fact, at the time he shot Reagan, he was living with his parents."
- UPI, "Hinckley came from wealthy oil family", 1981/03/31: "John Warnock Hinckley Jr. had 'all the advantages' of a 'top-drawer' family -- he came from a wealthy background, his father was a respected businessman and his parents had a posh $300,000 home. [...] Hinckley's parents and an older brother, Scott, went into seclusion at the home of a neighbor, Williams Sells, after the shooting, but confirmed Monday night in a statement that John Jr. had undergone psychiatric treatment. They refused to say anything about his disorder. [...] Neighbors of the family remembered seeing John Jr. around the house, which is nestled in ponderosa pines on an acre of land along the Hiwan Country Club golf course. But none said they had ever talked with the young man, or knew much about him. The Hinckley family moved to Evergreen, an affluent community near Denver, after John Sr., president of Vanderbilt Energy Corp., a multimillion-dollar oil and gas exploration firm, moved his business to Colorado in 1974. [...] But John Jr. spent little time with his family at their $300,000 home, family associates say. [...] Earlier this month, he spent 16 days alone in a nondescript motel in Lakewood, a suburb of Denver, and visited a pawnshop."
- Jimmy Carter assassination attempts
- New York Times, "INVESTIGATORS THINK HINCKLEY STALKED CARTER", 1981/04/12: "Officials said they suspected that Mr. Hinckley stalked Mr. Carter here last September, December and January and followed him to Chicago and Nashville last October, when he was campaigning for re-election. [...] Federal officials said that the possibility that Mr. Hinckley stalked Mr. Carter before turning his attention to Mr. Reagan was now a central focus of the F.B.I.'s investigation."
- Cannon Courier, "Hinckley Stalked Carter In Tennessee", 2012/01/01: "“John Hinckley Jr. was in Nashville the same day (Oct. 9, 1980) Jimmy Carter was at Opryland Hotel and making appearances at other sites in our city,” confirmed Smyrna resident Darrell Long, who was one of the security officers who arrested Hinckley at Nashville International Airport. [...] “President Carter was in town all that day, and left the city before Hinckley got a shot at him,” described Long, who today serves as a deputy with the Rutherford County Sheriff’s Office as chief of security for judges and the public at the Judicial Building in downtown Murfreesboro. [...] The fact that Hinckley was arrested and detained at Nashville International Airport on that date possibly helped prevent an assassination attempt on Carter. “Hinckley also had a ticket to fly to New York when we found weapons in his suitcase,” Long recalled. “President Carter’s next stop on Air Force One was also New York.” And Hinckley would have followed if an X-ray of his luggage in Nashville had not revealed weapons inside. “We found three guns in Hinckley’s suitcase that day,” Long added. [...] “When the assassination attempt on President Reagan’s life happened, the pieces fell into place that Hinckley had been in Nashville stalking President Carter the same day we arrested him here in Nashville,” Long confirmed."
- Ted Kennedy assassination ambitions
- New York Times, "SHOOTINGS BY HINCKLEY LAID TO SCHIZOPHRENIA", 1982/05/15: "Mr. Hinckley told him, the doctor said, that in the previous few weeks, homicidal and suicidal thoughts had been running rampant through his mind, and that he had fantasized about killing himself, massacring a classroom full of students at Yale, killing Senator Edward M. Kennedy and shooting up the House of Representatives in the fashion of Puerto Rican terrorists he had read about."
- Dayton Daily News, "John Hinckley stalked Carter in Dayton before shooting Reagan", 2016/07/27: "As part of Hinckley’s trial, prosecutors offered video showing that months before he shot Reagan, Hinckley was less than six feet from President Jimmy Carter at a campaign event in Dayton Oct. 2, 1980.They offered the Dayton information as part of a pattern, adding that one week later, Hinckley was arrested on a weapons charge in Nashville, Tenn., the same day Carter was campaigning there. [...] Traffic reporter Sgt. Mark Bowron with AM 1290 and News 95.7 WHIO, a retired Dayton police detective, was on the security detail the day Carter was in Dayton for an event at the Convention Center.“There was a huge investigation into John Hinckley (after the shooting),” Bowron said. “They actually checked out pictures that had been snapped of that (Dayton) event and found that Hinckley was in the crowd, very close to the front. [...] The Dayton Daily News reported in 1982 that Hinckley had checked into the Sheraton Dayton hotel on South Jefferson Street (near what is now the Wright Stop RTA hub) two days before Carter’s appearance at the Convention Center a block to the south. [...] The Dayton Daily News article said he requested a room with a view of the Convention Center and was given room 818, for which he paid $35.52."
- Was his criticism of Reagan's "voodoo economics" legitimate, or a front for his actual beliefs?
- Pittsburgh Press, "Economic Woe Deepened By Policies of Reagan, Democratic Governors Say", 1983/08/02: "A letter by Nebraska Gov. Bob Kerrey, signed yesterday by five other Democrats, criticized vice President George Bush, who at the meeting's opening session Sunday argued against increased taxes. Kerrey's letter to Bush said Reagan's economy plan has "failed to produce anything other than a $200 billion deficit and an artificially strong dollar which is liquidating our first line of defense our industrial and agricultural production capacity." Bush had told the governors the answer to deficits "cannot possibly be to raise taxes and spend money just as this recovery is gathering strength.""
- See the Franklin child sex ring page for information on an elite pedophile ring that Bush was part of
- CIA psychiatrist allegations
- Robert Morrow allegations