Revision as of 02:23, 20 September 2019 by Marionumber1 (Add Bloomberg piece on Bayrock)
- 1 Biography
- 2 Controversies
- 3 Political connections
- 4 Corporate connections
- 5 References
- 6 External links
Organized crime ties
Main article: Jeffrey Epstein
- Roger Stone
- Steve Bannon
- American Legislative Exchange Council - his administration is filled with members and supporters of ALEC
- Council for National Policy
- James Woolsey
- Henry Kissinger
- Ed Opperman interview of David Cay Johnston on Trump's history - mentions that: grandfather Frederick Trump ran a brothel; father Fred Trump was arrested for marching in support of the KKK; the announcement of his candidacy in 2015 was attended by paid actors; his 42nd Street Hyatt hotel cost $120 million but received $360 in government subsidies; he stood up for cocaine trafficker Joseph Weichselbaum and let him move into Trump Tower after his lenient 18-month sentence; he was friends with Adnan Khashoggi; and he called Roy Cohn a "second father"
- Huffington Post, "Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump: Frenemies Forever", 2016/09/06 - details history of Trump's association with the Clintons
Roy Cohn relationship
- Washington Post, "The man who showed Donald Trump how to exploit power and instill fear", 2016/06/16: "It was October 1973 and the start of one of the most influential relationships of Trump’s career. Cohn soon represented Trump in legal battles, counseled him about his marriage and introduced Trump to New York power brokers, money men and socialites."
- Vanity Fair, "How Donald Trump and Roy Cohn's Ruthless Symbiosis Changed America", 2017/06
- Mob involvement
- Newsweek, "The Truth About Trump and the Mob", 2016/05/01
- New Yorker, "Trump's Business of Corruption", 2017/08/21
- New York Magazine, "Wall Street Journal Killed Editorial on Trump’s Mob Ties", 2017/12/20
- Relationship between Russian oligarchs and Vladimir Putin
- Bayrock Group LLC dealings - involves Tevfik Arif and Felix Sater
- US News & World Report, "Q&A on Trump real estate adviser accused of a $40M stock fraud scheme and ties to the mob", 2015/12/04: "Trump tapped Sater to scout real estate deals in 2010, after the broad outlines of his past became public. Trump said he, too, was in the dark about Sater's criminal history during the years the Trump Organization and Bayrock collaborated on projects, including the Trump SoHo in New York, a development in Fort Lauderdale and failed Trump-branded projects in Phoenix and Denver. [...] A 2007 lawsuit against Sater, Bayrock and others by a company owned by Ernest Mennes, an investor in a planned Trump development in Phoenix, alleged that Bayrock skimmed money from the project and that Sater threatened to amputate Mennes's legs and leave his body in a car trunk. [...] Another lawsuit, filed in U.S. District Court in New York against Bayrock, Sater and others in 2010 by Bayrock's former director of finance, Jody Kriss, and another Bayrock employee, alleged that Bayrock was "substantially and covertly mob-owned and operated" and went to great lengths to hide Sater's stake in the firm."
- Irish Times, "Donald Trump, the Russian developer and the Mafia convict", 2016/08/15: "When he discussed the condo-hotel on The Apprentice, Mr Trump called it “my latest development”. But the actual developer – the entity that obtained financing and hired contractors – was a joint venture formed by Bayrock and another New York real estate firm with Soviet roots, the Sapir Organisation, founded by Tamir Sapir, a native of Georgia who died in 2014 aged 67. [...] In a 2007 testimony, Trump recounted repeated interactions with the company and said, “I dealt mostly with Tevfik.” By 2011, Trump said, “I don’t know him very well, Mr Arif. I’ve met him a couple of times.” [...] Testifying in 2013, Trump expressed sympathy for Sater and discussed his personal history in detail before pronouncing him a virtual stranger. “He got into trouble because he got into a bar-room fight, which a lot of people do. I don’t because I don’t drink,” Trump said. “But I don’t think he was connected to the Mafia and I don’t know him very well.”"
- Washington Monthly, "Trump’s SoHo Project, the Mob, and Russian Intelligence", 2017/02/20: "If you know anything about the Yeltsin Era of the 1990s or the rise of Vladimir Putin, you know that that the Russian state was sold off to KGB-connected or approved businessmen and intelligence officers who quickly formed into a ruling oligarchy. Mr. Arif’s rise from a hotel management functionary in the Commerce and Trade Ministry into a rare metals trader is highly, highly suspicious and ought to be looked at very carefully. [...] The potential Russian intelligence connections of Arif and Sapir should be obvious considering their unlikely rises to great wealth. Sater is already known for his well-established connections to the Russian mafia, and he was also turned back against the Russian mob and probably Russian intelligence, too, by our FBI."
- Bloomberg, "Trump, Russia and a Shadowy Business Partnership" by Timothy L. O'Brien, 2017/06/21: "In a series of interviews and a lawsuit, a former Bayrock insider, Jody Kriss, claims that he eventually departed from the firm because he became convinced that Bayrock was actually a front for money laundering. Kriss has sued Bayrock, alleging that in addition to laundering money, the Bayrock team also skimmed cash from the operation, dodged taxes and cheated him out of millions of dollars. [...] Trump has said over the years that he barely knows Sater. In fact, Sater — who former Bayrock employees say met frequently with Trump in the Trump Organization's New York headquarters, once shepherded the president's children around Moscow and carried a Trump Organization business card — apparently has remained firmly in the orbit of the president and his closest advisers. [...] In late 2002, Sater phoned Kriss and invited him to consult at Bayrock, bragging about a deep-pocketed investor, Tevfik Arif, who was partnering with him in search of bigger deals. [...] (Arif's representatives declined to respond to a list of questions about his business history, including how he met Sater and brought him to Bayrock, citing ongoing litigation.) [...] A marketing document Bayrock once circulated to prospective investors noted that Alexander Mashkevich, an oligarch born in the former Soviet Union, was one of Bayrock's primary sources of funding. [...] Kriss says that it was Arif and Sater who pitched the future president on the idea of launching an international chain of Trump-branded, mixed-use hotels and condominiums. [...] Trump, Sater and Arif were all photographed together at a splashy launch party for the Trump Soho in 2007. [...] Shortly after my lawyers asked Trump about Sater, Bayrock began discussing the best way for him to resign, according to company email and court records. By 2008, Sater had left the firm."
- Trump Ocean Club International Hotel & Tower Panama
- Politico, "Donald Trump's 'shadow president' in Silicon Valley", 2017/02/26
- "But Gelernter has long been friendly with Peter Thiel. He regularly attends an annual conference of iconoclastic thinkers that the Silicon Valley billionaire hosts on the French Riviera. So it was on Thiel’s recommendation that Gelernter sat down at Trump Tower with the president-elect, his chief strategist Steve Bannon, and Thiel himself four days before the inauguration. The meeting followed a prior discussion between Gelernter and senior transition officials."
- "Gelernter’s potential elevation is just one small sign of Thiel’s growing stature in Trump world. He was a near-constant presence throughout the transition: Working with a staff of four to six aides from an office in Trump Tower, Thiel dispatched associates from his investment firms to help staff agencies across the government. Their reach extended from the Department of Commerce to the Pentagon and eventually to the White House, where one of his closest aides, Kevin Harrington, was recently elevated to the National Security Council.
“Once Election Day came and went, Peter Thiel was a major force in the transition,” said a senior Trump campaign aide. “When you have offices and you bring staff with you and you attend all the meetings, then you have a lot of power.” At the Presidio, the old Army fort in San Francisco where Thiel’s investment firms are housed, many of his employees have taken to calling him “the shadow president.”"
- "That helps to explain why Jim O’Neill, a managing director at Thiel’s venture capital firm, Mithril Capital Management, is now being considered to run the Food and Drug Administration. O’Neill served at the Department of Health and Human Services in the George W. Bush administration but has no medical background. He has argued that drugs should not have to go through clinical trials to prove their efficacy before they are sold to consumers."
- "Trae Stephens, a longtime Thiel colleague who oversaw the Defense Department transition, raised the eyebrows of officials as he traipsed through the bowels of the Pentagon asking questions about the government procurement process. Stephens spent several years at Palantir, the Thiel-founded data-mining company that brought a successful lawsuit against the government taking a sledgehammer to the Pentagon’s rigid procurement process. [...]"
- "In addition to Thiel and his team in Trump Tower, a handful of Thiel associates also took on critical posts in the Trump transition, with Harrington, now at the NSC, working to fill positions at the Department of Commerce; and Mark Woolway, a Thiel colleague from his PayPal days, doing the same the Treasury Department. Others slated to take on important roles in the administration — such as Josh Wright, who is likely to run the Justice Department’s antitrust division — have come with Thiel’s imprimatur."
- "Old-fashioned political connections, forged in Manhattan boardrooms and sleek Silicon Valley office spaces, also helped ease Thiel’s ascension in Trump’s orbit. His initial connection to Trump came through the president’s son-in-law, Jared Kushner. Thiel is a longtime investor in the health care startup founded by Kushner’s brother, Josh and Thiel and Jared Kushner had extensive conversations in the spring of 2016 about whether he would become a delegate for Trump in California’s Republican primary."
- Mother Jones, "Trump’s Pick to Run the Labor Department Promoted Sweatshops on Remote US Islands", 2017/08/22 (updated 2019/07/12): "There’s lobbying, and then there’s working with Jack Abramoff to promote the sweatshop economy on remote Pacific islands. If you want to know about that kind of lobbying, you can ask Patrick Pizzella, President Donald Trump’s pick to be deputy labor secretary."
- Wall Street on Parade, "Meet Don and Shannon McGahn: Trump’s Regulatory Chainsaw Couple", 2018/01/23
- Common Dreams, "Shocker! Tax Cuts in Hand, CEOs Admit They Won't Invest Record Profits in Worker Wage Hikes", 2018/05/28
- Syria regime change
- Iran regime change
- Saudi war in Yemen
- Venezuela regime change
- Relationship to Russia (varying opinions)
Supposed swamp draining
- Allegation of Trump being responsible for a massive increase in pedophile busts
- Reason, "Trump's Mythical Crackdown on Sex Trafficking", 2017/02/27
- US State Department, "TRAFFICKING IN PERSONS REPORT: JUNE 2018" - on p.443 it says "The federal government reports its law enforcement data by fiscal year. In FY 2017, DHS reported opening 833 investigations possibly involving human trafficking, a decrease from 1,029 in FY 2016. DOJ formally opened 782 human trafficking investigations, a decrease from 843 in FY 2016. (The FY 2016 number (843) represents a correction to the number cited last year (1,800), which in fact represented the number of pending cases rather than formally opened investigations.) DOS reported opening 169 human trafficking-related cases worldwide during FY 2017, a decrease from 288 in FY 2016. The Department of Defense (DoD) reported investigating 11 human trafficking-related cases involving U.S. military personnel compared to 13 in FY 2016."
- Salon, "Prosecutions for child sex trafficking plummet under Trump: Maybe it's a coincidence", 2019/07/18
- AlterNet, "Republicans Are Killing a Bill to Protect U.S. Elections From Russia – at the Request of Trump’s White House", 2018/08/24
- Debunking in 2018/08 of the claims about 40000 sealed indictments
- Reddit thread suggesting that Q is a Palantir operation
- His mentor was Roy Cohn, a good friend of Craig J. Spence who ran a child sex ring in New York, and a close political associate of Trump has been Roger Stone, a protege of Cohn who assisted Cohn with his pedophilic blackmail operation
- Relationship with pedophile ringleader Jeffrey Epstein
- John Brisson, "Is There Any Truth to Donald Trump's Numerous Connections to Jeffrey Epstein?", 2019/07/08
- John Brisson, "Is There Any Truth to Donald Trump's Numerous Connections to Jeffrey Epstein Part Deux?", 2019/07/09
- Friendship with Epstein (e.g. speaking highly of him, dining at his house multiple times) and current lies
- Getty Images, "Epstein & Trump At Mar-A-Lago" by Davidoff Studios, 1997: "Portrait of American financier Jeffrey Epstein (left) and real estate developer Donald Trump as they pose together at the Mar-a-Lago estate, Palm Beach, Florida, 1997."
- Marina Garnier photo of Trump and Epstein together at a New York party in 1997: "Donald Trump and convicted child prostitute pimp Jeffrey Epstein at the Victoria’s Secret angels party at the Laura Belle club in New York City, April 1997—around the same time period when young girls are alleged to have been raped by both Trump and Epstein. (Photo by Marina Garnier)"
- Getty Images, "Trump, Knauss, Epstein, & Maxwell At Mar-A-Lago" by Davidoff Studios, 2000/02/12: "From left, American real estate developer Donald Trump and his girlfriend (and future wife), former model Melania Knauss, financier (and future convicted sex offender) Jeffrey Epstein, and British socialite Ghislaine Maxwell pose together at the Mar-a-Lago club, Palm Beach, Florida, February 12, 2000."
- Sun Sentinel, "Halcyon days for the Donald", 2000/02/16: "He opted to bow out of the presidential race, but The Donald didn't do that badly on other fronts. For one thing, the king of Mar-a-Lago got his galpal back. Model Melania Knauss, 26, re-appeared in Palm Beach over the weekend. Just last month, she threw in the towel after finding Trump canoodling with a rival model. But this time, it was the svelte Slovenian doing some serious snuggling with Trump, 53, after Saturday's Donald J. Trump Pro-Am Invitational tennis tourney. [...] Then Trump won his own tournament for the first time in four tries. For that, he recruited Aussie pro Andrew Hie, more famous for his shirt-ripping antics than his passing shots. Trump and Hie beat disgraced financier Michael Milken and the former Mr. Chris Evert, John Lloyd, to take the 5-foot-tall silver cup. [...] Trump also got to rub elbows with royalty. Britain's Prince Andrew put in a round of golf with The Donald at the latter's new WPB course Saturday before joining two blondes poolside at Mar-a-Lago. One of the blondes, Boca businesswoman and astrologer Christine Drangsholt, played coy about cozying up to the prince."
- Palm Beach Post, "Thom Smith's Society Snapshots", 2000/02/20: "Quite a crowd in town last weekend, including a reunion of sorts at Mar-a-Lago, where Donald Trump had a familiar face -- and body -- by his side. That's right, girlfriend Melania Knauss, who took a temporary back seat to politics, was back for The Donald's pro-am tennis tournament. Financier Michael Milken, a prostate cancer survivor, played, as did actor Stephen Baldwin, singer Michael Bolton and pros Roscoe Tanner and John Lloyd, among others. [...] One celebrity, however, was not so obvious. Even when Trump announced England's Prince Andrew, many in the crowd doubted his presence" - has photos of "Donald Trump with Melania Knauss and England's Prince Andrew" and "Ghislaine and Jeffrey Epstein with Michael Bolton"
- New York Magazine, "Jeffrey Epstein: International Moneyman of Mystery", 2002/10/28: "Epstein likes to tell people that he’s a loner, a man who’s never touched alcohol or drugs, and one whose nightlife is far from energetic. And yet if you talk to Donald Trump, a different Epstein emerges. “I’ve known Jeff for fifteen years. Terrific guy,” Trump booms from a speakerphone. “He’s a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side. No doubt about it – Jeffrey enjoys his social life.”"
- Vanity Fair, "The Talented Mr. Epstein" by Vicky Ward, 2003/03: "Some of the businessmen who dine with him at his home—they include newspaper publisher Mort Zuckerman, banker Louis Ranieri, Revlon chairman Ronald Perelman, real-estate tycoon Leon Black, former Microsoft executive Nathan Myhrvold, Tom Pritzker (of Hyatt Hotels), and real-estate personality Donald Trump—sometimes seem not all that clear as to what he actually does to earn his millions."
- New York Magazine, "The Dish On Dinner", 2003/05/05: "JEFFREY EPSTEIN, Money Manager Where: East Side townhouse Table seats: 30 Guest list: Mort Zuckerman, Google co-founder Sergey Brin, David Blaine, Donald Trump, Leslie Wexner of the Limited, disgraced British Cabinet minister Peter Mandelson, Bill Clinton aide Doug Band Menu: Private chef, though last month Rocco DiSpirito cooked dinner after Epstein bid $50,000 for his services at a Hamptons charity. Make it MY place: Epstein hates restaurants, so he often entertains at home. “The dialogues are so engaging that serving even the most extraordinary food sometimes seems inappropriate, like eating pizza at the ballet,” he says. “I had rich shock!” one stunned guest says about Epstein’s house, which the owner claims is the largest private dwelling in the city. At a recent dinner organized by Ghislaine Maxwell, Blaine amused a group of barely clad models with card tricks. Alas, Clinton—around whom the evening had been organized—never showed, though his Secret Service would have appreciated Epstein’s numerous security cameras."
- Gawker, "Here Is Pedophile Billionaire Jeffrey Epstein's Little Black Book" by Nick Bryant, 2015/01/23 (black book)
- "[...] About 50 of the entries, including those of many of Epstein's suspected victims and accomplices as well as Trump, Love, Barak, Dershowitz, and others, were circled by Rodriguez. [...]"
- "Trump, through a spokesperson, said, "Mr. Trump only knew Mr. Epstein as Mr. Trump owns the hottest and most luxurious club in Palm Beach, [redacted], and Mr. Epstein would go there on occasion.""
- Vice, "The Salacious Ammo Even Donald Trump Won't Use in a Fight Against Hillary Clinton", 2016/01/29
- "Trump's attorney Alan Garten told VICE News last week that the presidential candidate had "no relationship" with Epstein, and only knew him because Epstein was a member of Mar-A-Lago, Trump's private club and residence in Palm Beach. "A lot of people hung out there, including Jeffrey Epstein," Garten said. "That is the only connection." But according to someone with intimate knowledge of the situation, Trump and Epstein appeared to have a somewhat stronger connection."
- "When asked about a subpoena served to Trump in 2009, Garten said it "never happened." The subpoena called for Trump to give a deposition in a case against Epstein; Garten's denial baffled Brad Edwards, one of Virginia Roberts' attorneys."
- "In 2000, both Trump and Epstein reportedly attended a small party hosted by media magnate Conrad Black, who in 2007 was convicted and served time in prison for fraud and obstruction of justice (the fraud charges were overturned on appeal). Black is currently an enthusiastic supporter of Trump's presidential bid. Mark Epstein, Jeffrey's brother, testified in 2009 that Trump flew on Jeffrey's private jet at least once. Meanwhile, message pads [see below] from Epstein's Palm Beach mansion that were seized by investigators and obtained by VICE News indicate that Trump called Epstein twice in November of 2004."
- "Garten said Trump had never been to Epstein's home. But a 2002 story in Vanity Fair listed Trump as one of a small group of mega-rich businessmen, including newspaper publisher Mort Zuckerman and Revlon chairman Ronald Perelman, who periodically dined with Epstein at his Palm Beach estate."
- "During this same period, Epstein and Maxwell were repeat guests at Mar-A-Lago. In 2000, they hung out there with Prince Andrew, who arrived for vacation on Trump's private plane. That same year, the Palm Beach Post reported that Trump, Epstein, Prince Andrew, and Maxwell were all at a tennis tournament/celebrity event at Mar-A-Lago.
Garten told VICE News that Trump had no relationship with Maxwell aside from the fact that she periodically turned up at Mar-A-Lago. The 1997 photograph below, of Trump and Maxwell "out on the town," was taken in New York City."
- Daily Beast, "The Billionaire Pedophile Who Could Bring Down Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton", 2016/06/30
- "Trump has denied Jane Doe’s claims and his reps have said he barely knew Epstein—even though New York media in the ’90s regularly chronicled his comings-and-goings at Epstein’s Upper East Side palace, and even though Epstein had 14 private numbers for Trump and his family in his little black book. [...]"
- "According to a 2003 profile in Vanity Fair and New York gossip rags that covered the goings-on of Epstein and his famous friends in the late ’90s, Trump would attend dinner parties at the 71st Street mansion. In April 1999, The Mail spotted Trump among the guests at a dinner Epstein threw in honor of Prince Andrew. In 2000, they reported he attended a “hookers and pimps” Halloween party. New York magazine reported Trump’s attendance at a 2003 dinner party thrown in honor of Bill Clinton. [...] “I often see Donald Trump and there are loads of models coming and going, mostly at night,” a neighbor told The Mail on Sunday in 2000."
- New York Times, "Jeffrey Epstein Was a ‘Terrific Guy,’ Donald Trump Once Said. Now He’s ‘Not a Fan.’", 2019/07/09
- "The year was 1992 and the event was a “calendar girl” competition, something that George Houraney, a Florida-based businessman who ran American Dream Enterprise, had organized at Mr. Trump’s request. “I arranged to have some contestants fly in,” Mr. Houraney recalled in an interview on Monday. “At the very first party, I said, ‘Who’s coming tonight? I have 28 girls coming.’ It was him and Epstein.” Mr. Houraney, who had just partnered with Mr. Trump to host events at his casinos, said he was surprised. “I said, ‘Donald, this is supposed to be a party with V.I.P.s. You’re telling me it’s you and Epstein?’” In fact, that was the case, an indication of a yearslong friendship between the president and Mr. Epstein that some say ended only after a failed business arrangement between them. The full nature of their eventual falling out is not clear."
- "He also dismissed Mr. Houraney’s warning about his friend’s conduct. “I said, ‘Look, Donald, I know Jeff really well, I can’t have him going after younger girls,’” Mr. Houraney remembers. “He said, ‘Look I’m putting my name on this. I wouldn’t put my name on it and have a scandal.’” Mr. Houraney said he “pretty much had to ban Jeff from my events — Trump didn’t care about that.”"
- "Roger J. Stone Jr., the former Trump adviser, wrote in his book “The Clintons’ War on Women,” which was published during the campaign, that Mr. Trump “turned down many invitations to Epstein’s hedonistic private island and his Palm Beach home.” Once when Mr. Trump visited Mr. Epstein at his Palm Beach home, Mr. Stone wrote about the scene of underage girls he witnessed there. “The swimming pool was filled with beautiful young girls,” Mr. Trump later told a Mar-a-Lago member, according to Mr. Stone. “‘How nice,’ I thought, ‘he let the neighborhood kids use his pool.’”"
- San Jose Mercury News, "Jeffrey Epstein boasted that he played matchmaker for Donald and Melania Trump, report says", 2019/07/10: "Donald and Melania Trump often have told the story about how they met at a Manhattan nightclub during New York Fashion Week in 1998. Jeffrey Epstein has never figured into this origin story — but the financier and former Trump friend has tried to take credit for this historical encounter between the future president and first lady. The New York Times, reporting on Trump’s long and difficult friendship with the newly jailed accused sex trafficker, said that Epstein was very eager to play up his connections to Trump after the 2016 election. One way Epstein did this was by “claiming that he was the one who introduced Trump to his third wife,” the Times reported. [...] In Donald and Melania Trump’s version of how they met, they give credit to another person for their introduction: modeling agent Paolo Zampolli. The agent threw the party at the Kit Cat Club, where the then-celebrity real estate mogul spotted a beautiful 28-year-old model from Slovenia named Melania Knauss. [...] [Epstein] could argue that the timing made sense. From the 1980s through the early 2000s, Trump and Epstein were Palm Beach neighbors and Manhattan high-flyers who shared an an appreciation for wealth and for being seen together at fabulous parties, especially if beautiful women were present, according to the New York Times and other publications. [...] Epstein, Trump and Trump’s good friend Tom Barrack were “a set of nightlife Musketeers,” author Michael Wolff wrote in his book “Fire and Fury.”"
- Hill Reporter, "Donald and Melania Trump Allegedly Lied About How They First Met" by Eddie Krassenstein, 2019/03/05: "There are articles in several major publications, including the New York Times, which state that the Trumps originally met in 1998, but according to Nina Burleigh, this is not the case. [...] This is the story that both Melania and Donald Trump have told others, but according to Burleigh the two actually appear to have met in 1996, while Trump was still very much married to Marla Maples (they didn’t divorce until 1999)."
- MSNBC, "Newly-Found Footage Shows Donald Trump, Jeffrey Epstein At A '92 Party", 2019/07/17
- Video of Playboy senior White House reporter Brian J. Karem asking Trump on 2019/07/17 if he had been to any event with Epstein and underage girls: "My question: Have you ever been to a social function with Jeff Epstein and underage girls. He pointed at the sky, said it was going to rain and walked off."
- INSIDER, "Unsealed flight logs show that Trump was on Epstein's private jet in 1997", 2019/08/09
- Friendship with Epstein's procurer Ghislaine Maxwell
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch, "On Their Toes", 1989/05/17: "One thing about the party aboard British media mogul Robert Maxwell's yacht: Everybody, but everybody, had to doff their shoes before boarding the plush-carpeted "Lady Ghislaine." Maxwell insisted and his guests cooperated, including Donald Trump (minus Ivana) who has a much bigger yacht and was happy to compare them with Maxwell. [...] There was John Tower, former senator and thumbed-down , defense secretary; ex-Navy secretary John Lehman, now with Paine, Webber; lawyer Tom Bolan; literary agent Mort Janklow; U.N. envoy Thomas Pickering; Peter Kalikow, owner of the New York Post; Maxwell's daughter, Ghislaine, and Max' niece, Helene Atkin of Macmillan, the publishing house Maxwell recently took over. Maxwell, who weighs about 300 pounds, went over the guest list personally."
- New York Daily News, RICHARD JOHNSON columns, 1992/02/11: "Marla Hanson -- more radiant than ever now that Jay Mclnerney married Nashville socialite Helen Bransford -- was one of the hundreds who packed into the top floor at Rex to wish a bon voyage to Sam Campbell on Friday night. The media man, after 15 years in Gotham, is heading up to Boston to work for Massachusetts Gov. Bill Weld. Most of the guests, even the guest of honor, were unaware that Ghislaine Maxwell, daughter of the late Robert Maxwell, was in their midst, as well as Al Styron, the actress-daughter of William ("Sophie's Choice") Styron, and Walter Isaacson, the Time senior editor writing a book about Henry Kissinger. Plus, Hamilton Fish 3d, Avenue editor Susan Mulcahy, Jacqueline Schnabel and Chuck Bennett, the sports/TV agent who was just put in charge of IMG Models."
- New York Daily News, "ROVING EYES AND DENTED FORDS", 1997/10/31: "Heiress Ghislaine Maxwell (above) tries to get Donald Trump to focus on the conversation as models saunter by"
- Recruitment of Virginia Roberts from Mar-a-Lago
- Mirror, "Prince Andrew accuser Virginia Roberts: Spa girl who ended up as gentleman's 'masseuse'", 2015/01/05: "Now aged 30, she is the daughter of a maintenance manager at a country club owned by Donald Trump in Florida, named Mar-A-Lago. She claims she was working there part-time as a changing room assistant when she met socialite Ghislaine shortly after her 15th birthday in 1999. She said: “I was wearing my sexy white Mar-A-Lago uniform – a white miniskirt and a skintight white polo top – when I was approached by this striking woman in her mid-40s with a very proper British accent – Ghislaine.” Miss Roberts says she eagerly took up an invitation from Ghislaine to work for Epstein and alleged she was offered the chance to work for a wealthy gentleman who needed a travelling masseuse. The teenager then visited banker Epstein’s nearby mansion on Palm Beach waterfront where she said she was told by another woman to strip and straddle his naked body. She claims he paid her £130 a time for what he called an “erotic massage”."
- Modeling agency similarities
- RealClearPolitics, "Julie K. Brown: "Quite A Few Powerful And Important" Names Will Come Up In Jeffrey Epstein Sex Trafficking Case", 2019/07/07: "She said Epstein's relationship with fellow Palm Beach resident Donald Trump was "friendly." "They went to dinner parties at each other's houses, Trump was also on his plane. Probably not as much as a lot of other people because, you know, Trump had his own plane. But they had a lot of social relationships. And the other interesting thing is Trump had a modeling agency, and Epstein also had a stake in a modeling agency, which they suspect he used to bring in underage girls from overseas." "There is a comment in one of the court files where Epstein is quoted as saying, 'I want to set up my modeling agency the same way Trump set up his modeling agency.' I don't know what that means, but it is curious he was trying to do something similar to Trump." Brown said."
- Twitter repost of a 2015/08/25 post by Trump Model Management showing a strange-looking picture of their new "little doll"
- Daily Kos blogger SwedishJewfish, ""We All Knew About the Trafficking"-The Untold Story of Trump Model Management (Part 1)", 2016/10/06
- Supposed cutting of ties
- Associated Press photo of Epstein after being arrested on 2006/07/27 in Palm Beach County FL
- Page Six, "SEX CASE ‘VICTIMS’ LINING UP", 2007/10/15: "Meanwhile, the Mar-a-Lago Club in Palm Beach last night confirmed a Web site report that Epstein has been banned there. “He would use the spa to try to procure girls. But one of them, a masseuse about 18 years old, he tried to get her to do things,” a source told us. “Her father found out about it and went absolutely ape-[bleep]. Epstein’s not allowed back.” Epstein denies he is banned from Mar-a-Lago and says, in fact, he was recently invited to an event there."
- Derrick Broze, "Did Trump Ban Epstein from Mar-A-Lago?", 2018/12/14 - quotes Filthy Rich: A Powerful Billionaire, the Sex Scandal that Undid Him, and All the Justice that Money Can Buy: The Shocking True Story of Jeffrey Epstein by James Patterson (2016); unclear when the incident allegedly happened but seems to be 1999; worth noting that Patterson later went on a promotional tour with Bill Clinton despite highlighting Clinton's ties to Epstein in his book
- Washington Post, "Trump called Epstein a ‘terrific guy’ who enjoyed ‘younger’ girls before denying relationship with him", 2019/07/08: "Alan Garten, an attorney for the Trump Organization, has said Trump had “no relationship” with Epstein. [...] The relationship, whatever it was, appears to have cooled by 2007. Garten said in an interview Monday that although Epstein was never a member of Mar-a-Lago, Trump prohibited him from visiting the club around that time, as a reaction to criminal charges that had been filed against Epstein. “He banned him from stepping foot on the property,” Garten said."
- Katie Johnson lawsuit
- The Memory Hole 2 compilation of court documents in Katie Johnson's lawsuits against Trump and Epstein
- Court dockets from United States District Court for the Central District of California, Katie Johnson v. Donald J. Trump (COMPLAINT against defendants Jeffrey E. Epstein, Donald J. Trump)
- Daily Beast, "Trump Rape Accusers Turn On Each Other", 2016/07/21 (updated 2017/04/13)
- "The accuser—who used the name Katie Johnson to file a lawsuit in Manhattan Federal Court—alleges the Republican presidential nominee raped her in the summer of 1994, when she was 13, while attending a sex party at the New York City mansion of notorious pedophile financier Jeffrey Epstein. The claim was basically a repeat of her earlier lawsuit, filed in California in May without legal representation, which was dismissed on procedural grounds for failing to make a claim under an applicable statute."
- "This time around, Johnson had a team of supporters behind her—a motley crew that included anti-abortion conservative donor Steve Baer and a man who calls himself “Al Taylor,” a mysterious foul-mouthed ex-producer of The Jerry Springer Show, the two unified by one common passion: a blinding hatred for Donald Trump."
- "Taylor says he met Katie Johnson a few years ago at a party, where she allegedly told him that she had been raped as a teen by Trump. (The Guardian has convincingly reported that “Taylor” is actually a publicity-loving conspiracy peddler named Norm Lubow, a theory that Taylor has fervently denied: “AL TAYLOR, BORN AL TAYLOR, ALWAYS BEEN AL TAYLOR AND ALWAYS WILL BE AL TAYLOR,” he signed a recent email.)
In February 2016, when it seemed possible that Trump could clinch the GOP nomination, Johnson, with Taylor’s help, decided to make what Taylor called a “murder insurance” video where she—disguised in a wig–would offer details of her alleged attack. They hired a videographer, Jonathann Launer, and agreed to pay him with a 20 percent stake in whatever money the tape might bring in from tabloids willing to purchase it."
- "About a week after Johnson filed the California suit, Taylor says Steve Baer texted the burner phone used to file the complaint, offering his “no strings attached” help—assistance which came, both men said, in the form of cash."
- "So on May 20, Baer says, he wired $19,000 to California.
A portion of that money, $13,000, was sent to Taylor, ostensibly for Johnson, to cover a move to her own apartment, where only Taylor would know her whereabouts. “Well, that’s what I was told,” Baer said, “They could have gone and partied.”"
- "Driven by an extreme distaste for Donald J. Trump–“He’s a liar, a letch, a pornographer, and possibly a child rapist,” Baer said—the Riverside, Illinois father of 10 has couriered unpixelated versions of the film (thereby exposing Katie Johnson’s face) to Ted Cruz, Charles Koch, Paul Ryan, John Kasich, and other conservatives and journalists, in the hope that the allegations would gain national attention."
- "Money is a complicating factor behind the scenes of Johnson’s case. Johnson, who attempted to file her California lawsuit as an indigent plaintiff, seemingly has none. Meanwhile Baer seems to have plenty. Besides the $19,000 upfront, Baer said he was asked for $100,000 in exchange for Johnson agreeing to meet with detectives in New York, but instead counteroffered $30,000 “to aid with security, private investigators, and polygraph experts” if Johnson would just agree to go to New York before the Republican National convention in Cleveland.
She didn’t go, Baer didn’t send any more money, and at that point, the tenuous bond holding Baer and Taylor together apparently broke.
The two began trading insulting emails—copied to journalists, of course. Though many of the initial emails were labeled “off the record,” as the barbs began to fly, that proviso was left off."
- "“It made me sick,” Baer said of Trump’s Tuesday nomination. “We all knew we lost, and I realized I never sent [Tom] Coburn the 48 minutes,” referring to the Johnson tape.
Coburn, the former U.S. senator from Oklahoma, was Baer’s hope for president. An anti-abortion obstetrician, Coburn reportedly said he would go along with a Hail Mary play to wrest the nomination from Donald Trump on the convention floor. But that didn’t happen, and on Tuesday, Coburn told The Hill, “I have concerns for the country for both nominees. Given the choice, I’ll vote for Trump.”
“I’ve got the entire thing, the pixelated, non-, and watermarked. And everybody who helps run America right now, they've gotta know—and the press has to help—that there is a woman named Katie Johnson who says Donald Trump raped her.”
Several of the clips from that video, with Katie’s face pixelated, are available online, posted by one “Bianca Manix.” A person using the same name has posted the videos along with a “Trump Victims Unite” Facebook page, to other anti-Trump Facebook pages. And a Twitter account belonging to Bianca Manix has six tweets, all bearing the hashtag, #DraftCoburn."
- Politico, "Woman suing Trump over alleged teen rape drops suit, again", 2016/11/04: "A woman who accused Donald Trump of raping her two decades ago when she was a 13-year-old aspiring teen model has again dropped a federal lawsuit over the alleged assaults. The accuser, identified in the lawsuit by the pseudonym "Jane Doe," was expected to appear at a news conference in Los Angeles Wednesday, but that appearance was abruptly canceled. The lawyer who organized the event, Lisa Bloom, said Trump's accuser had received threats and was too frightened to show up."
- "Maria" corroboration
- Wayne Madsen and Andrew Kreig, "Welcome To Waterbury: The City That Holds Secrets That Could Bring Down Trump", 2018/01/09
- Andrew Kreig, "New information emerges in "Maria" Trump story", 2018/02/15
- Charley Project page on Marisela Pino from Waterbury CT missing 1993/03/20
- Missing persons report on Marisela Pino a.k.a. Maria Pino
- Alex Acosta support
- The Guardian, "Trump labor secretary who cut Epstein deal plans to slash funds for sex trafficking victims", 2019/07/10: "Acosta’s plan to slash funding of a critical federal agency in the fight against the sexual exploitation of children is contained in his financial plans for the Department of Labor for fiscal year 2020. In it, he proposes decimating the resources of a section of his own department known as the International Labor Affairs Bureau (ILAB). The bureau’s budget would fall from $68m last year to just $18.5m. The proposed reduction is so drastic that experts say it would effectively kill off many federal efforts to curb sex trafficking and put the lives of large numbers of children at risk. ILAB has the task of countering human trafficking, child labor and forced labor across the US and around the world. Its mission is “to promote a fair global playing field for workers” and it is seen as a crucial leader in efforts to crack down on the sex trafficking of minors. [...] Experts say any major cut to ILAB would be a direct threat to the US government’s ability to combat the sexual exploitation of children. “A huge cut of this sort is bound to expose children to more risk of sexual trafficking,” said Kathleen Kim, a professor at Loyola Law School in Los Angeles who co-authored California’s law on human trafficking."
- Relationship with alleged pedophile ringleader Tevfik Arif
- New York Daily News, "Donald Trump pal Tevfik Arif busted in Turkey for allegedly running hooker ring aboard yacht", 2010/10/01
- "Ed. Note: In April 2012, Tevfik Arif was acquitted by a Turkish court of all charges in connection with the incident reported here. The court also found that none of the women on the yacht was under the age of 18. –Updated October 19, 2012."
- "Tevfik Arif, 57, has been detained in Turkey on suspicion of setting up trysts between wealthy businessmen and Eastern European models - some underage - aboard a $60 million yacht once used by the nation's founder, Mustafa Ataturk."
- "Arif, whose Bayrock Group co-developed the Trump SoHo and the Trump International Hotel and Tower in Fort Lauderdale, was among 10 people rounded up in Tuesday's raid on suspicion of running a prostitution ring."
- "Ten models from Russia and Ukraine were detained, but one was released, Bloomberg News reported. Two of the women were underage."
- "Russian, Kyrgyz and Kazakh businessmen and top government officials were also among those detained, Bloomberg News reported."
- "In addition to the Trump properties in New York and Florida, Arif's firm developed the Trump International Hotel and Tower Phoenix, the Waterpointe, a residential development in Whitestone, Queens, and the Riverhead Resorts in Suffolk County, L.I. In an interview in 2007, Arif extolled the benefits of his relationship with The Donald. "He's been very helpful to us from the beginning and he's been very helpful in opening some doors," Arif told Real Estate Weekly. Photos from the 2007 launch party for the Trump SoHo Hotel show Trump and Arif palling around together. Arif was also photographed beside Trump and his three kids: Eric, Donald Jr., and Ivanka."
- "Arif founded Bayrock in 2001, which he operates out of an office on Fifth Ave."
- "In a separate lawsuit filed in August in Manhattan Federal Court, 15 buyers of the Trump SoHo Hotel sued Arif, Trump, his children, and Arif's partner, Alex Sapir, charging they had inflated sales in their marketing pitches to encourage them to buy into the condo."
- Ynet, "A billionaire in stormy waters", 2011/03/29
- "But the investigation sheds light not only on the crime organization but on the identity of the man who chartered the yacht to have a good time wit his friends and business partners: the police suspects that he is no other than Alexander Mashkevich - a well known billionaire and philanthropist holding an Israeli citizenship and heading the Euro-Asian Jewish Congress."
- "The investigation began several months before the police raid on the yacht. The Turkish police received information about a crime organization that deals with human trafficking and solicitation. The organization was headed, according to the information, by Taufik Arif, a Turkish tycoon, Donald Trump's business partner and owner of a metal production factory in Kazakhstan and many other businesses in the US and Britain. Arif, dubbed "David" by his people, was born in Kazakhstan and lives in Turkey since 1994. The police followed his organization for two months, documented them with video cameras, tapped their phones and broke into their email and bank accounts.
Investigation materials show that Arif's organization provided escort services to businessmen. The young women, some of whom were underage (according to the investigation, one of the businessmen was especially fond of 13-14 year old, and the organization head supplied those girls) were brought from Russian and the Ukraine, through modeling agencies."
- "Mashkevitc’s character is mysterious, intriguing. He is a cold, calculated businessman who managed to take over Kazakhstan's natural resources with his partners, and accumulate approximately 3.3 billion dollars of wealth, which puts him in the 287 place in the Forbes list of the world's richest. But he is also a traditional Jewish person, who donates significantly for synagogue construction in Russia, for deliveries of Matzo to faraway communities, and for Jewish studies. "When Shimon Peres, the Israeli president, visited Kazakhstan, Mashkevich cried at the sound of the Tikva, the national hymn. He is an enthusiastic Jew and Zionist", say one of the people in his entourage."
- "With his two Muslim partners, Alian Ibragimov and Phatuch Shudayev, Mashkevich got a franchise from the state and established Kazakhstan Aluminum. Their business expanded and they lay hands on other national resources such as the Chrome industry, iron and coal mines, electricity, trains, and more. Mashkevich took all these companies in under his corporation, ENRC. "I always wanted more. I believed in capitalism", he said in an interview."
- "On September 25 at noon, nine carefully selected women arrived in the Bodrum airport. They were put on a bus and a private car and driven to the Riksos Hotel. On the same day, Mashkevich arrived in Turkey. He says he was never interrogated by the police, but one of the police documents includes an explanation provided by him, with his signature and a photocopy of his ID."
- New York Daily News, "Donald Trump pal Tevfik Arif busted in Turkey for allegedly running hooker ring aboard yacht", 2010/10/01
- CBS Los Angeles, "Former Beauty Queen: Contestants Were Forced To Greet Trump Even When Not Fully Dressed", 2016/10/11
- BuzzFeed News, "Teen Beauty Queens Say Trump Walked In On Them Changing", 2016/10/12
- Rolling Stone, "A Timeline of Donald Trump's Creepiness While He Owned Miss Universe", 2016/10/12
- New York Daily News, "Donald Trump once joked about wanting to date a 10-year-old girl, as five women claim the GOP candidate groped them", 2016/10/12
- The Guardian, "Trump makes inappropriate remarks about young girl – video", 2016/10/13
- Raw Story, "Trump acted like ‘total f*cking beast’ at coke-fueled parties with teen girls: report", 2016/10/25
- New York Times, "Centrists Are the Most Hostile to Democracy, Not Extremists", 2018/05/23
- Central Park Five case