Revision as of 08:19, 11 July 2019 by Marionumber1 (Add 2003 Vicky Ward article on Epstein)
- 1 Biography
- 2 Controversies
- 3 Political connections
- 4 Corporate connections
- 5 References
- 6 External links
Organized crime ties
- Roger Stone
- Steve Bannon
- American Legislative Exchange Council - his administration is filled with members and supporters of ALEC
- Council for National Policy
- James Woolsey
- Henry Kissinger
- Ed Opperman interview of David Cay Johnston on Trump's history - mentions that: grandfather Frederick Trump ran a brothel; father Fred Trump was arrested for marching in support of the KKK; the announcement of his candidacy in 2015 was attended by paid actors; his 42nd Street Hyatt hotel cost $120 million but received $360 in government subsidies; he stood up for cocaine trafficker Joseph Weichselbaum and let him move into Trump Tower after his lenient 18-month sentence; he was friends with Adnan Khashoggi; and he called Roy Cohn a "second father"
Roy Cohn relationship
- Washington Post, "The man who showed Donald Trump how to exploit power and instill fear", 2016/06/16: "It was October 1973 and the start of one of the most influential relationships of Trump’s career. Cohn soon represented Trump in legal battles, counseled him about his marriage and introduced Trump to New York power brokers, money men and socialites."
- Vanity Fair, "How Donald Trump and Roy Cohn's Ruthless Symbiosis Changed America", 2017/06
- Foreign Affairs, "Putin and the Oligarchs", 2004/11/01
- Newsweek, "The Truth About Trump and the Mob", 2016/05/01
- New Yorker, "Trump's Business of Corruption", 2017/08/21
- Global Witness, "Narco-a-lago: Money Laundering at the Trump Ocean Club, Panama" by lead investigator Ken Silverstein, 2017/11
- New York Magazine, "Wall Street Journal Killed Editorial on Trump’s Mob Ties", 2017/12/20
- Wall Street on Parade, "Meet Don and Shannon McGahn: Trump’s Regulatory Chainsaw Couple", 2018/01/23
- Common Dreams, "Shocker! Tax Cuts in Hand, CEOs Admit They Won't Invest Record Profits in Worker Wage Hikes", 2018/05/28
- Syria regime change
- Iran regime change
- Saudi war in Yemen
- Venezuela regime change
- Relationship to Russia (varying opinions)
Supposed swamp draining
- Allegation of Trump being responsible for a massive increase in pedophile busts
- Reason, "Trump's Mythical Crackdown on Sex Trafficking", 2017/02/27
- US State Department, "TRAFFICKING IN PERSONS REPORT: JUNE 2018" - on p.443 it says "The federal government reports its law enforcement data by fiscal year. In FY 2017, DHS reported opening 833 investigations possibly involving human trafficking, a decrease from 1,029 in FY 2016. DOJ formally opened 782 human trafficking investigations, a decrease from 843 in FY 2016. (The FY 2016 number (843) represents a correction to the number cited last year (1,800), which in fact represented the number of pending cases rather than formally opened investigations.) DOS reported opening 169 human trafficking-related cases worldwide during FY 2017, a decrease from 288 in FY 2016. The Department of Defense (DoD) reported investigating 11 human trafficking-related cases involving U.S. military personnel compared to 13 in FY 2016."
- Debunking in 2018/08 of the claims about 40000 sealed indictments
- His mentor was Roy Cohn, a good friend of Craig J. Spence who ran a child sex ring in New York, and a close political associate of Trump has been Roger Stone, a protege of Cohn who assisted Cohn with his pedophilic blackmail operation
- Relationship with pedophile ringleader Jeffrey Epstein
- John Brisson, "Is There Any Truth to Donald Trump's Numerous Connections to Jeffrey Epstein?", 2019/07/08
- John Brisson, "Is There Any Truth to Donald Trump's Numerous Connections to Jeffrey Epstein Part Deux?", 2019/07/09
- Friendship with Epstein (e.g. speaking highly of him, dining at his house multiple times) and current lies
- Getty Images, "Trump, Knauss, Epstein, & Maxwell At Mar-A-Lago" by Davidoff Studios, 2000/02/12: "From left, American real estate developer Donald Trump and his girlfriend (and future wife), former model Melania Knauss, financier (and future convicted sex offender) Jeffrey Epstein, and British socialite Ghislaine Maxwell pose together at the Mar-a-Lago club, Palm Beach, Florida, February 12, 2000."
- New York Magazine, "Jeffrey Epstein: International Moneyman of Mystery", 2002/10/28: "Epstein likes to tell people that he’s a loner, a man who’s never touched alcohol or drugs, and one whose nightlife is far from energetic. And yet if you talk to Donald Trump, a different Epstein emerges. “I’ve known Jeff for fifteen years. Terrific guy,” Trump booms from a speakerphone. “He’s a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side. No doubt about it – Jeffrey enjoys his social life.”"
- Vanity Fair, "The Talented Mr. Epstein" by Vicky Ward, 2003/03: "Some of the businessmen who dine with him at his home—they include newspaper publisher Mort Zuckerman, banker Louis Ranieri, Revlon chairman Ronald Perelman, real-estate tycoon Leon Black, former Microsoft executive Nathan Myhrvold, Tom Pritzker (of Hyatt Hotels), and real-estate personality Donald Trump—sometimes seem not all that clear as to what he actually does to earn his millions."
- New York Magazine, "The Dish On Dinner", 2003/05/05: "JEFFREY EPSTEIN, Money Manager Where: East Side townhouse Table seats: 30 Guest list: Mort Zuckerman, Google co-founder Sergey Brin, David Blaine, Donald Trump, Leslie Wexner of the Limited, disgraced British Cabinet minister Peter Mandelson, Bill Clinton aide Doug Band Menu: Private chef, though last month Rocco DiSpirito cooked dinner after Epstein bid $50,000 for his services at a Hamptons charity. Make it MY place: Epstein hates restaurants, so he often entertains at home. “The dialogues are so engaging that serving even the most extraordinary food sometimes seems inappropriate, like eating pizza at the ballet,” he says. “I had rich shock!” one stunned guest says about Epstein’s house, which the owner claims is the largest private dwelling in the city. At a recent dinner organized by Ghislaine Maxwell, Blaine amused a group of barely clad models with card tricks. Alas, Clinton—around whom the evening had been organized—never showed, though his Secret Service would have appreciated Epstein’s numerous security cameras."
- Vice, "The Salacious Ammo Even Donald Trump Won't Use in a Fight Against Hillary Clinton", 2016/01/29
- "Trump's attorney Alan Garten told VICE News last week that the presidential candidate had "no relationship" with Epstein, and only knew him because Epstein was a member of Mar-A-Lago, Trump's private club and residence in Palm Beach. "A lot of people hung out there, including Jeffrey Epstein," Garten said. "That is the only connection." But according to someone with intimate knowledge of the situation, Trump and Epstein appeared to have a somewhat stronger connection."
- "When asked about a subpoena served to Trump in 2009, Garten said it "never happened." The subpoena called for Trump to give a deposition in a case against Epstein; Garten's denial baffled Brad Edwards, one of Virginia Roberts' attorneys."
- "In 2000, both Trump and Epstein reportedly attended a small party hosted by media magnate Conrad Black, who in 2007 was convicted and served time in prison for fraud and obstruction of justice (the fraud charges were overturned on appeal). Black is currently an enthusiastic supporter of Trump's presidential bid. Mark Epstein, Jeffrey's brother, testified in 2009 that Trump flew on Jeffrey's private jet at least once. Meanwhile, message pads [see below] from Epstein's Palm Beach mansion that were seized by investigators and obtained by VICE News indicate that Trump called Epstein twice in November of 2004."
- "Garten said Trump had never been to Epstein's home. But a 2002 story in Vanity Fair listed Trump as one of a small group of mega-rich businessmen, including newspaper publisher Mort Zuckerman and Revlon chairman Ronald Perelman, who periodically dined with Epstein at his Palm Beach estate."
- "During this same period, Epstein and Maxwell were repeat guests at Mar-A-Lago. In 2000, they hung out there with Prince Andrew, who arrived for vacation on Trump's private plane. That same year, the Palm Beach Post reported that Trump, Epstein, Prince Andrew, and Maxwell were all at a tennis tournament/celebrity event at Mar-A-Lago.
Garten told VICE News that Trump had no relationship with Maxwell aside from the fact that she periodically turned up at Mar-A-Lago. The 1997 photograph below, of Trump and Maxwell "out on the town," was taken in New York City."
- Daily Beast, "The Billionaire Pedophile Who Could Bring Down Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton", 2016/06/30
- "Trump has denied Jane Doe’s claims and his reps have said he barely knew Epstein—even though New York media in the ’90s regularly chronicled his comings-and-goings at Epstein’s Upper East Side palace, and even though Epstein had 14 private numbers for Trump and his family in his little black book. [...]"
- "According to a 2003 profile in Vanity Fair and New York gossip rags that covered the goings-on of Epstein and his famous friends in the late ’90s, Trump would attend dinner parties at the 71st Street mansion. In April 1999, The Mail spotted Trump among the guests at a dinner Epstein threw in honor of Prince Andrew. In 2000, they reported he attended a “hookers and pimps” Halloween party. New York magazine reported Trump’s attendance at a 2003 dinner party thrown in honor of Bill Clinton. [...] “I often see Donald Trump and there are loads of models coming and going, mostly at night,” a neighbor told The Mail on Sunday in 2000."
- San Jose Mercury News, "Jeffrey Epstein boasted that he played matchmaker for Donald and Melania Trump, report says", 2019/07/10: "Donald and Melania Trump often have told the story about how they met at a Manhattan nightclub during New York Fashion Week in 1998. Jeffrey Epstein has never figured into this origin story — but the financier and former Trump friend has tried to take credit for this historical encounter between the future president and first lady. The New York Times, reporting on Trump’s long and difficult friendship with the newly jailed accused sex trafficker, said that Epstein was very eager to play up his connections to Trump after the 2016 election. One way Epstein did this was by “claiming that he was the one who introduced Trump to his third wife,” the Times reported. [...] In Donald and Melania Trump’s version of how they met, they give credit to another person for their introduction: modeling agent Paolo Zampolli. The agent threw the party at the Kit Cat Club, where the then-celebrity real estate mogul spotted a beautiful 28-year-old model from Slovenia named Melania Knauss. [...] [Epstein] could argue that the timing made sense. From the 1980s through the early 2000s, Trump and Epstein were Palm Beach neighbors and Manhattan high-flyers who shared an an appreciation for wealth and for being seen together at fabulous parties, especially if beautiful women were present, according to the New York Times and other publications. [...] Epstein, Trump and Trump’s good friend Tom Barrack were “a set of nightlife Musketeers,” author Michael Wolff wrote in his book “Fire and Fury.”"
- Recruitment of Virginia Roberts from Mar-a-Lago
- Mirror, "Prince Andrew accuser Virginia Roberts: Spa girl who ended up as gentleman's 'masseuse'", 2015/01/05: "Now aged 30, she is the daughter of a maintenance manager at a country club owned by Donald Trump in Florida, named Mar-A-Lago. She claims she was working there part-time as a changing room assistant when she met socialite Ghislaine shortly after her 15th birthday in 1999. She said: “I was wearing my sexy white Mar-A-Lago uniform – a white miniskirt and a skintight white polo top – when I was approached by this striking woman in her mid-40s with a very proper British accent – Ghislaine.” Miss Roberts says she eagerly took up an invitation from Ghislaine to work for Epstein and alleged she was offered the chance to work for a wealthy gentleman who needed a travelling masseuse. The teenager then visited banker Epstein’s nearby mansion on Palm Beach waterfront where she said she was told by another woman to strip and straddle his naked body. She claims he paid her £130 a time for what he called an “erotic massage”."
- Modeling agency similarities
- RealClearPolitics, "Julie K. Brown: "Quite A Few Powerful And Important" Names Will Come Up In Jeffrey Epstein Sex Trafficking Case", 2019/07/07: "She said Epstein's relationship with fellow Palm Beach resident Donald Trump was "friendly." "They went to dinner parties at each other's houses, Trump was also on his plane. Probably not as much as a lot of other people because, you know, Trump had his own plane. But they had a lot of social relationships. And the other interesting thing is Trump had a modeling agency, and Epstein also had a stake in a modeling agency, which they suspect he used to bring in underage girls from overseas." "There is a comment in one of the court files where Epstein is quoted as saying, 'I want to set up my modeling agency the same way Trump set up his modeling agency.' I don't know what that means, but it is curious he was trying to do something similar to Trump." Brown said."
- Supposed cutting of ties
- Derrick Broze, "Did Trump Ban Epstein from Mar-A-Lago?", 2018/12/14 - quotes Filthy Rich: A Powerful Billionaire, the Sex Scandal that Undid Him, and All the Justice that Money Can Buy: The Shocking True Story of Jeffrey Epstein by James Patterson (2016); unclear when the incident allegedly happened but seems to be 1999; worth noting that Patterson later went on a promotional tour with Bill Clinton despite highlighting Clinton's ties to Epstein in his book
- Washington Post, "Trump called Epstein a ‘terrific guy’ who enjoyed ‘younger’ girls before denying relationship with him", 2019/07/08: "Alan Garten, an attorney for the Trump Organization, has said Trump had “no relationship” with Epstein. [...] The relationship, whatever it was, appears to have cooled by 2007. Garten said in an interview Monday that although Epstein was never a member of Mar-a-Lago, Trump prohibited him from visiting the club around that time, as a reaction to criminal charges that had been filed against Epstein. “He banned him from stepping foot on the property,” Garten said."
- Katie Johnson lawsuit
- Politico, "Woman suing Trump over alleged teen rape drops suit, again", 2016/11/04: "A woman who accused Donald Trump of raping her two decades ago when she was a 13-year-old aspiring teen model has again dropped a federal lawsuit over the alleged assaults. The accuser, identified in the lawsuit by the pseudonym "Jane Doe," was expected to appear at a news conference in Los Angeles Wednesday, but that appearance was abruptly canceled. The lawyer who organized the event, Lisa Bloom, said Trump's accuser had received threats and was too frightened to show up."
- "Maria" corroboration
- Wayne Madsen and Andrew Kreig, "Welcome To Waterbury: The City That Holds Secrets That Could Bring Down Trump", 2018/01/09
- Andrew Kreig, "New information emerges in "Maria" Trump story", 2018/02/15
- Charley Project page on Marisela Pino from Waterbury CT missing 1993/03/20
- Missing persons report on Marisela Pino a.k.a. Maria Pino
- CBS Los Angeles, "Former Beauty Queen: Contestants Were Forced To Greet Trump Even When Not Fully Dressed", 2016/10/11
- BuzzFeed News, "Teen Beauty Queens Say Trump Walked In On Them Changing", 2016/10/12
- Rolling Stone, "A Timeline of Donald Trump's Creepiness While He Owned Miss Universe", 2016/10/12
- New York Daily News, "Donald Trump once joked about wanting to date a 10-year-old girl, as five women claim the GOP candidate groped them", 2016/10/12
- The Guardian, "Trump makes inappropriate remarks about young girl – video", 2016/10/13
- Raw Story, "Trump acted like ‘total f*cking beast’ at coke-fueled parties with teen girls: report", 2016/10/25
- A major business partner of Trump's was Tevfik Arif, arrested in 2011 on charges of running a prostitution ring (including underage girls) that provided Russian and Ukrainian models to wealthy Turkish businessmen. The charges were later dropped, though that may well have been a cover-up as often happens in these cases. (New York Daily News, "Donald Trump pal Tevfik Arif busted in Turkey for allegedly running hooker ring aboard yacht", 2010/10/01)
- New York Times, "Centrists Are the Most Hostile to Democracy, Not Extremists", 2018/05/23
- Central Park Five case