Revision as of 21:01, 4 January 2020 by Marionumber1 (Fix date to be 2020)
- 1 Biography
- 2 Controversies
- 3 Political connections
- 4 Corporate connections
- 5 References
- 6 External links
Organized crime ties
Main article: Jeffrey Epstein
- Roger Stone
- Steve Bannon
- American Legislative Exchange Council - his administration is filled with members and supporters of ALEC
- Council for National Policy
- James Woolsey
- Henry Kissinger
- Ed Opperman interview of David Cay Johnston on Trump's history - mentions that: grandfather Frederick Trump ran a brothel; father Fred Trump was arrested for marching in support of the KKK; the announcement of his candidacy in 2015 was attended by paid actors; his 42nd Street Hyatt hotel cost $120 million but received $360 in government subsidies; he stood up for cocaine trafficker Joseph Weichselbaum and let him move into Trump Tower after his lenient 18-month sentence; he was friends with Adnan Khashoggi; and he called Roy Cohn a "second father"
- Huffington Post, "Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump: Frenemies Forever", 2016/09/06 - details history of Trump's association with the Clintons
Roy Cohn relationship
- Washington Post, "The man who showed Donald Trump how to exploit power and instill fear", 2016/06/16: "It was October 1973 and the start of one of the most influential relationships of Trump’s career. Cohn soon represented Trump in legal battles, counseled him about his marriage and introduced Trump to New York power brokers, money men and socialites."
- Vanity Fair, "How Donald Trump and Roy Cohn's Ruthless Symbiosis Changed America", 2017/06
- Mob involvement
- Newsweek, "The Truth About Trump and the Mob", 2016/05/01
- New Yorker, "Trump's Business of Corruption", 2017/08/21
- New York Magazine, "Wall Street Journal Killed Editorial on Trump’s Mob Ties", 2017/12/20
- Relationship between Russian oligarchs and Vladimir Putin
- Bayrock Group LLC dealings - involves Tevfik Arif and Felix Sater; partnered with the organization of Tamir Sapir (business partner of Sam Kislin, whose nephew Arik Kislin owned a Gulfstream II used for CIA rendition flights and Mexican drug trafficking)
- US News & World Report, "Q&A on Trump real estate adviser accused of a $40M stock fraud scheme and ties to the mob", 2015/12/04: "Trump tapped Sater to scout real estate deals in 2010, after the broad outlines of his past became public. Trump said he, too, was in the dark about Sater's criminal history during the years the Trump Organization and Bayrock collaborated on projects, including the Trump SoHo in New York, a development in Fort Lauderdale and failed Trump-branded projects in Phoenix and Denver. [...] A 2007 lawsuit against Sater, Bayrock and others by a company owned by Ernest Mennes, an investor in a planned Trump development in Phoenix, alleged that Bayrock skimmed money from the project and that Sater threatened to amputate Mennes's legs and leave his body in a car trunk. [...] Another lawsuit, filed in U.S. District Court in New York against Bayrock, Sater and others in 2010 by Bayrock's former director of finance, Jody Kriss, and another Bayrock employee, alleged that Bayrock was "substantially and covertly mob-owned and operated" and went to great lengths to hide Sater's stake in the firm."
- Irish Times, "Donald Trump, the Russian developer and the Mafia convict", 2016/08/15: "When he discussed the condo-hotel on The Apprentice, Mr Trump called it “my latest development”. But the actual developer – the entity that obtained financing and hired contractors – was a joint venture formed by Bayrock and another New York real estate firm with Soviet roots, the Sapir Organisation, founded by Tamir Sapir, a native of Georgia who died in 2014 aged 67. [...] In a 2007 testimony, Trump recounted repeated interactions with the company and said, “I dealt mostly with Tevfik.” By 2011, Trump said, “I don’t know him very well, Mr Arif. I’ve met him a couple of times.” [...] Testifying in 2013, Trump expressed sympathy for Sater and discussed his personal history in detail before pronouncing him a virtual stranger. “He got into trouble because he got into a bar-room fight, which a lot of people do. I don’t because I don’t drink,” Trump said. “But I don’t think he was connected to the Mafia and I don’t know him very well.”"
- Washington Monthly, "Trump’s SoHo Project, the Mob, and Russian Intelligence", 2017/02/20: "If you know anything about the Yeltsin Era of the 1990s or the rise of Vladimir Putin, you know that that the Russian state was sold off to KGB-connected or approved businessmen and intelligence officers who quickly formed into a ruling oligarchy. Mr. Arif’s rise from a hotel management functionary in the Commerce and Trade Ministry into a rare metals trader is highly, highly suspicious and ought to be looked at very carefully. The second person I want to focus on is Tamir Sapir (nee Temur Sepiashvili), who died in 2014. [...] What happened next was either the work of Russian intelligence or one of the most surprising and unlikely success stories in history. According to the legend, Mr. Sapir and a fellow USSR emigrant named Sam Kislin pooled their savings and bought an electronics store on Broadway in Manhattan. They hoped to attract business from the Russian emigre community, but they had a different kind of luck. [...] supposedly this guy went from sleeping in his cab to being a billionaire because he quickly made enough money selling VCR’s and Walkmans to make major investments in Russian carbamide which he then used to buy a skyscraper for 17 million dollars. In the process, he was invited to join the Council for American-Soviet Trade and meet with then-Vice President George H.W. Bush. [...] The potential Russian intelligence connections of Arif and Sapir should be obvious considering their unlikely rises to great wealth. Sater is already known for his well-established connections to the Russian mafia, and he was also turned back against the Russian mob and probably Russian intelligence, too, by our FBI."
- Bloomberg, "Trump, Russia and a Shadowy Business Partnership" by Timothy L. O'Brien, 2017/06/21: "In a series of interviews and a lawsuit, a former Bayrock insider, Jody Kriss, claims that he eventually departed from the firm because he became convinced that Bayrock was actually a front for money laundering. Kriss has sued Bayrock, alleging that in addition to laundering money, the Bayrock team also skimmed cash from the operation, dodged taxes and cheated him out of millions of dollars. [...] Trump has said over the years that he barely knows Sater. In fact, Sater — who former Bayrock employees say met frequently with Trump in the Trump Organization's New York headquarters, once shepherded the president's children around Moscow and carried a Trump Organization business card — apparently has remained firmly in the orbit of the president and his closest advisers. [...] In late 2002, Sater phoned Kriss and invited him to consult at Bayrock, bragging about a deep-pocketed investor, Tevfik Arif, who was partnering with him in search of bigger deals. [...] (Arif's representatives declined to respond to a list of questions about his business history, including how he met Sater and brought him to Bayrock, citing ongoing litigation.) [...] A marketing document Bayrock once circulated to prospective investors noted that Alexander Mashkevich, an oligarch born in the former Soviet Union, was one of Bayrock's primary sources of funding. [...] Kriss says that it was Arif and Sater who pitched the future president on the idea of launching an international chain of Trump-branded, mixed-use hotels and condominiums. [...] Trump, Sater and Arif were all photographed together at a splashy launch party for the Trump Soho in 2007. [...] Shortly after my lawyers asked Trump about Sater, Bayrock began discussing the best way for him to resign, according to company email and court records. By 2008, Sater had left the firm."
- MarketWatch (from Associated Press), "Felix Sater plotted to launder stolen cash through Trump projects, lawsuit claims", 2019/03/25: "BTA Bank and the City of Almaty, Kazakhstan, allege Felix Sater conspired with the son of the city’s former mayor to use some of the $440 million to develop a Trump Tower in Moscow. [...] The bank also alleges Sater helped the mayor’s son, Ilyas Khrapunov, mask $3 million as down payments on three condominiums in Trump SoHo, a New York City hotel that Sater helped develop as an executive at Bayrock Group LLC. [...] Khrapunov’s father-in-law, former BTA Bank chairman Mukhtar Ablyazov, is accused of embezzling billions of dollars from the bank and funneling the money into offshore entities. The lawsuit said that, once caught, he turned to Khrapunov to monetize and launder remaining assets. Khrapunov knew Sater through his family and asked him to join the scheme in 2011, the lawsuit said. Sater had been involved in coal extraction and oil drilling ventures with Khrapunov’s family and attended Khrapunov’s 2007 wedding to Ablyazov’s daughter, the lawsuit said. Sater and two other people are named as defendants, along with five companies, including Bayrock."
- Trump Ocean Club International Hotel & Tower Panama
- Politico, "Donald Trump's 'shadow president' in Silicon Valley", 2017/02/26
- "But Gelernter has long been friendly with Peter Thiel. He regularly attends an annual conference of iconoclastic thinkers that the Silicon Valley billionaire hosts on the French Riviera. So it was on Thiel’s recommendation that Gelernter sat down at Trump Tower with the president-elect, his chief strategist Steve Bannon, and Thiel himself four days before the inauguration. The meeting followed a prior discussion between Gelernter and senior transition officials."
- "Gelernter’s potential elevation is just one small sign of Thiel’s growing stature in Trump world. He was a near-constant presence throughout the transition: Working with a staff of four to six aides from an office in Trump Tower, Thiel dispatched associates from his investment firms to help staff agencies across the government. Their reach extended from the Department of Commerce to the Pentagon and eventually to the White House, where one of his closest aides, Kevin Harrington, was recently elevated to the National Security Council.
“Once Election Day came and went, Peter Thiel was a major force in the transition,” said a senior Trump campaign aide. “When you have offices and you bring staff with you and you attend all the meetings, then you have a lot of power.” At the Presidio, the old Army fort in San Francisco where Thiel’s investment firms are housed, many of his employees have taken to calling him “the shadow president.”"
- "That helps to explain why Jim O’Neill, a managing director at Thiel’s venture capital firm, Mithril Capital Management, is now being considered to run the Food and Drug Administration. O’Neill served at the Department of Health and Human Services in the George W. Bush administration but has no medical background. He has argued that drugs should not have to go through clinical trials to prove their efficacy before they are sold to consumers."
- "Trae Stephens, a longtime Thiel colleague who oversaw the Defense Department transition, raised the eyebrows of officials as he traipsed through the bowels of the Pentagon asking questions about the government procurement process. Stephens spent several years at Palantir, the Thiel-founded data-mining company that brought a successful lawsuit against the government taking a sledgehammer to the Pentagon’s rigid procurement process. [...]"
- "In addition to Thiel and his team in Trump Tower, a handful of Thiel associates also took on critical posts in the Trump transition, with Harrington, now at the NSC, working to fill positions at the Department of Commerce; and Mark Woolway, a Thiel colleague from his PayPal days, doing the same the Treasury Department. Others slated to take on important roles in the administration — such as Josh Wright, who is likely to run the Justice Department’s antitrust division — have come with Thiel’s imprimatur."
- "Old-fashioned political connections, forged in Manhattan boardrooms and sleek Silicon Valley office spaces, also helped ease Thiel’s ascension in Trump’s orbit. His initial connection to Trump came through the president’s son-in-law, Jared Kushner. Thiel is a longtime investor in the health care startup founded by Kushner’s brother, Josh and Thiel and Jared Kushner had extensive conversations in the spring of 2016 about whether he would become a delegate for Trump in California’s Republican primary."
- Mother Jones, "Trump’s Pick to Run the Labor Department Promoted Sweatshops on Remote US Islands", 2017/08/22 (updated 2019/07/12): "There’s lobbying, and then there’s working with Jack Abramoff to promote the sweatshop economy on remote Pacific islands. If you want to know about that kind of lobbying, you can ask Patrick Pizzella, President Donald Trump’s pick to be deputy labor secretary."
- Wall Street on Parade, "Meet Don and Shannon McGahn: Trump’s Regulatory Chainsaw Couple", 2018/01/23
- Common Dreams, "Shocker! Tax Cuts in Hand, CEOs Admit They Won't Invest Record Profits in Worker Wage Hikes", 2018/05/28
- Syria regime change
- Iran regime change
- Saudi war in Yemen
- Venezuela regime change
- Bolivia regime change
- Relationship to Russia (varying opinions)
Supposed swamp draining
- Allegation of Trump being responsible for a massive increase in pedophile busts
- Reason, "Trump's Mythical Crackdown on Sex Trafficking", 2017/02/27
- US State Department, "TRAFFICKING IN PERSONS REPORT: JUNE 2018" - on p.443 it says "The federal government reports its law enforcement data by fiscal year. In FY 2017, DHS reported opening 833 investigations possibly involving human trafficking, a decrease from 1,029 in FY 2016. DOJ formally opened 782 human trafficking investigations, a decrease from 843 in FY 2016. (The FY 2016 number (843) represents a correction to the number cited last year (1,800), which in fact represented the number of pending cases rather than formally opened investigations.) DOS reported opening 169 human trafficking-related cases worldwide during FY 2017, a decrease from 288 in FY 2016. The Department of Defense (DoD) reported investigating 11 human trafficking-related cases involving U.S. military personnel compared to 13 in FY 2016."
- Salon, "Prosecutions for child sex trafficking plummet under Trump: Maybe it's a coincidence", 2019/07/18
- AlterNet, "Republicans Are Killing a Bill to Protect U.S. Elections From Russia – at the Request of Trump’s White House", 2018/08/24
- Debunking in 2018/08 of the claims about 40000 sealed indictments
- Reddit thread suggesting that Q is a Palantir operation
- His mentor was Roy Cohn, a good friend of Craig J. Spence who ran a child sex ring in New York, and a close political associate of Trump has been Roger Stone, a protege of Cohn who assisted Cohn with his pedophilic blackmail operation
- Relationship with pedophile ringleader Jeffrey Epstein
- John Brisson, "Is There Any Truth to Donald Trump's Numerous Connections to Jeffrey Epstein?", 2019/07/08
- John Brisson, "Is There Any Truth to Donald Trump's Numerous Connections to Jeffrey Epstein Part Deux?", 2019/07/09
- Friendship with Epstein (e.g. speaking highly of him, dining at his house multiple times) and current lies
- Marina Garnier photo of Trump and Epstein together at a New York party in 1997: "Donald Trump and convicted child prostitute pimp Jeffrey Epstein at the Victoria’s Secret angels party at the Laura Belle club in New York City, April 1997—around the same time period when young girls are alleged to have been raped by both Trump and Epstein. (Photo by Marina Garnier)"
- Gawker, "Here Is Pedophile Billionaire Jeffrey Epstein's Little Black Book" by Nick Bryant, 2015/01/23 (black book)
- Vice, "The Salacious Ammo Even Donald Trump Won't Use in a Fight Against Hillary Clinton", 2016/01/29
- "During this same period, Epstein and Maxwell were repeat guests at Mar-A-Lago. In 2000, they hung out there with Prince Andrew, who arrived for vacation on Trump's private plane. That same year, the Palm Beach Post reported that Trump, Epstein, Prince Andrew, and Maxwell were all at a tennis tournament/celebrity event at Mar-A-Lago.
Garten told VICE News that Trump had no relationship with Maxwell aside from the fact that she periodically turned up at Mar-A-Lago. The 1997 photograph below, of Trump and Maxwell "out on the town," was taken in New York City."
- Daily Beast, "The Billionaire Pedophile Who Could Bring Down Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton", 2016/06/30
- New York Times, "Jeffrey Epstein Was a ‘Terrific Guy,’ Donald Trump Once Said. Now He’s ‘Not a Fan.’", 2019/07/09
- San Jose Mercury News, "Jeffrey Epstein boasted that he played matchmaker for Donald and Melania Trump, report says", 2019/07/10: "Donald and Melania Trump often have told the story about how they met at a Manhattan nightclub during New York Fashion Week in 1998. Jeffrey Epstein has never figured into this origin story — but the financier and former Trump friend has tried to take credit for this historical encounter between the future president and first lady. The New York Times, reporting on Trump’s long and difficult friendship with the newly jailed accused sex trafficker, said that Epstein was very eager to play up his connections to Trump after the 2016 election. One way Epstein did this was by “claiming that he was the one who introduced Trump to his third wife,” the Times reported. [...] In Donald and Melania Trump’s version of how they met, they give credit to another person for their introduction: modeling agent Paolo Zampolli. The agent threw the party at the Kit Cat Club, where the then-celebrity real estate mogul spotted a beautiful 28-year-old model from Slovenia named Melania Knauss. [...] [Epstein] could argue that the timing made sense. From the 1980s through the early 2000s, Trump and Epstein were Palm Beach neighbors and Manhattan high-flyers who shared an an appreciation for wealth and for being seen together at fabulous parties, especially if beautiful women were present, according to the New York Times and other publications. [...] Epstein, Trump and Trump’s good friend Tom Barrack were “a set of nightlife Musketeers,” author Michael Wolff wrote in his book “Fire and Fury.”"
- MSNBC, "Newly-Found Footage Shows Donald Trump, Jeffrey Epstein At A '92 Party", 2019/07/17
- INSIDER, "Unsealed flight logs show that Trump was on Epstein's private jet in 1997", 2019/08/09
- Friendship with Epstein's procurer Ghislaine Maxwell
- Recruitment of Virginia Roberts from Mar-a-Lago
- Modeling agency similarities
- Supposed cutting of ties
- Associated Press photo of Epstein after being arrested on 2006/07/27 in Palm Beach County FL
- Derrick Broze, "Did Trump Ban Epstein from Mar-A-Lago?", 2018/12/14 - quotes Filthy Rich: A Powerful Billionaire, the Sex Scandal that Undid Him, and All the Justice that Money Can Buy: The Shocking True Story of Jeffrey Epstein by James Patterson (2016); unclear when the incident allegedly happened but seems to be 1999; worth noting that Patterson later went on a promotional tour with Bill Clinton despite highlighting Clinton's ties to Epstein in his book
- Katie Johnson lawsuit
- Daily Beast, "Trump Rape Accusers Turn On Each Other", 2016/07/21 (updated 2017/04/13)
- "Taylor says he met Katie Johnson a few years ago at a party, where she allegedly told him that she had been raped as a teen by Trump. (The Guardian has convincingly reported that “Taylor” is actually a publicity-loving conspiracy peddler named Norm Lubow, a theory that Taylor has fervently denied: “AL TAYLOR, BORN AL TAYLOR, ALWAYS BEEN AL TAYLOR AND ALWAYS WILL BE AL TAYLOR,” he signed a recent email.)
In February 2016, when it seemed possible that Trump could clinch the GOP nomination, Johnson, with Taylor’s help, decided to make what Taylor called a “murder insurance” video where she—disguised in a wig–would offer details of her alleged attack. They hired a videographer, Jonathann Launer, and agreed to pay him with a 20 percent stake in whatever money the tape might bring in from tabloids willing to purchase it."
- "So on May 20, Baer says, he wired $19,000 to California.
A portion of that money, $13,000, was sent to Taylor, ostensibly for Johnson, to cover a move to her own apartment, where only Taylor would know her whereabouts. “Well, that’s what I was told,” Baer said, “They could have gone and partied.”"
- "Money is a complicating factor behind the scenes of Johnson’s case. Johnson, who attempted to file her California lawsuit as an indigent plaintiff, seemingly has none. Meanwhile Baer seems to have plenty. Besides the $19,000 upfront, Baer said he was asked for $100,000 in exchange for Johnson agreeing to meet with detectives in New York, but instead counteroffered $30,000 “to aid with security, private investigators, and polygraph experts” if Johnson would just agree to go to New York before the Republican National convention in Cleveland.
She didn’t go, Baer didn’t send any more money, and at that point, the tenuous bond holding Baer and Taylor together apparently broke.
The two began trading insulting emails—copied to journalists, of course. Though many of the initial emails were labeled “off the record,” as the barbs began to fly, that proviso was left off."
- "“It made me sick,” Baer said of Trump’s Tuesday nomination. “We all knew we lost, and I realized I never sent [Tom] Coburn the 48 minutes,” referring to the Johnson tape.
Coburn, the former U.S. senator from Oklahoma, was Baer’s hope for president. An anti-abortion obstetrician, Coburn reportedly said he would go along with a Hail Mary play to wrest the nomination from Donald Trump on the convention floor. But that didn’t happen, and on Tuesday, Coburn told The Hill, “I have concerns for the country for both nominees. Given the choice, I’ll vote for Trump.”
“I’ve got the entire thing, the pixelated, non-, and watermarked. And everybody who helps run America right now, they've gotta know—and the press has to help—that there is a woman named Katie Johnson who says Donald Trump raped her.”
Several of the clips from that video, with Katie’s face pixelated, are available online, posted by one “Bianca Manix.” A person using the same name has posted the videos along with a “Trump Victims Unite” Facebook page, to other anti-Trump Facebook pages. And a Twitter account belonging to Bianca Manix has six tweets, all bearing the hashtag, #DraftCoburn."
- "Maria" corroboration
- Andrew Kreig, "New information emerges in "Maria" Trump story", 2018/02/15
- Charley Project page on Marisela Pino from Waterbury CT missing 1993/03/20
- Missing persons report on Marisela Pino a.k.a. Maria Pino
- Alex Acosta support
- Other curiosities
- Relationship with alleged pedophile ringleader Tevfik Arif
- New York Daily News, "Donald Trump pal Tevfik Arif busted in Turkey for allegedly running hooker ring aboard yacht", 2010/10/01
- "Arif founded Bayrock in 2001, which he operates out of an office on Fifth Ave."
- Ynet, "A billionaire in stormy waters", 2011/03/29
- "The investigation began several months before the police raid on the yacht. The Turkish police received information about a crime organization that deals with human trafficking and solicitation. The organization was headed, according to the information, by Taufik Arif, a Turkish tycoon, Donald Trump's business partner and owner of a metal production factory in Kazakhstan and many other businesses in the US and Britain. Arif, dubbed "David" by his people, was born in Kazakhstan and lives in Turkey since 1994. The police followed his organization for two months, documented them with video cameras, tapped their phones and broke into their email and bank accounts.
Investigation materials show that Arif's organization provided escort services to businessmen. The young women, some of whom were underage (according to the investigation, one of the businessmen was especially fond of 13-14 year old, and the organization head supplied those girls) were brought from Russian and the Ukraine, through modeling agencies."
- New York Daily News, "Donald Trump pal Tevfik Arif busted in Turkey for allegedly running hooker ring aboard yacht", 2010/10/01
- CBS Los Angeles, "Former Beauty Queen: Contestants Were Forced To Greet Trump Even When Not Fully Dressed", 2016/10/11
- BuzzFeed News, "Teen Beauty Queens Say Trump Walked In On Them Changing", 2016/10/12
- Rolling Stone, "A Timeline of Donald Trump's Creepiness While He Owned Miss Universe", 2016/10/12
- New York Daily News, "Donald Trump once joked about wanting to date a 10-year-old girl, as five women claim the GOP candidate groped them", 2016/10/12
- The Guardian, "Trump makes inappropriate remarks about young girl – video", 2016/10/13
- Raw Story, "Trump acted like ‘total f*cking beast’ at coke-fueled parties with teen girls: report", 2016/10/25
- New York Times, "Centrists Are the Most Hostile to Democracy, Not Extremists", 2018/05/23
- Central Park Five case
- ABC, "'Dossier' author Chris Steele met Ivanka Trump years before Russia scandal, source says", 2019/12/09: "Nearly a decade before the 2016 presidential campaign, Donald Trump’s daughter Ivanka met a British intelligence officer who ran the Russia desk -- and when the agent left his covert service and moved into private practice in 2010, she stayed in touch, ABC News has learned. The two exchanged emails but never worked together, and the man, Christopher Steele, would one day re-emerge in a most unexpected way, taking a central role in the Russia scandal that consumed the early years of her father’s presidency, according to a source familiar with their past contacts. The prior relationship came to light as investigators with the Department of Justice Inspector General’s office was looking into allegations of political bias at the origins of the Russia investigation since May 2018."